Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm Back!

Wow, what a trip! My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful Scandinavian cruise that covered many countries. Here a a few photos of our adventure. We started our round-trip cruise in Copenhagen.

Above is the beautiful medieval village of Tallinn, Estonia.
We have the Winter Palace behind us, also much better known as the Hermitage Museum in St Petersberg, Russia.

One of the incredible hallways in the Hermitage.

The Church on the Spilled Blood in St. Petersberg with it's fantastic onion domes
The incredible fountains and gardens at the Peterhof Palace in St. Petersburg.
In Oslo, Norway, at the incredible Vigeland Sculpture Park.
Examples of the wonderful work of Gustav Viegland.
The other countries we visited were Stockholm, Sweden; Helsinki, Finland and Gdansk, Poland

6 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

Welcome back Edward, your photos are wonderful!! I love the Gustav Viegland sculptures too, I will have to do a little research on him!

maria kovalenko leysens said...

wow, thanks for sharing! Looks like you had nice weather and the Hermitage... makes me breathless.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Welcome home Edward and Kim.

Angela Elledge said...

Outstanding pictures, Edward, wow! I'm with Dana, I want to know more about Viegland, too; these sculptures are so moving!

Rosemary said...

Love the photos - thanks so much for sharing! Welcome home - can't wait to see what you will paint next!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Wow! What a great trip. Glad your back.