Tuesday, February 17, 2009

James Parker's Portrait of Edward Burton

When I returned from our little adventure I thought that that was it for excitement for now, but I was wrong. A friend and fellow blogger, Dominique Eichi, told me I should check out our friend James Parker's blog. So I did and this is what I saw...James had painted a portrait of me from my blog profile photo! I was completely flattered that he had painted it and also very honored. Thank you very much, James, you did a great job! Please check out his very wonderful blog and artwork by clicking on his name (take a look at his other blogs he has going on - he's a very interesting guy). Also, please check out Dominique's blog and see her beautiful artwork.

7 comments:

Nancy and the fatties said...

Edward, I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't your photo on James' blog ... He did an awesome job!

James Parker said...

Great to have ya back from the blizzards. Thanks for the compliments....I missed that little sly chuckle hidden under your mustache, tho.

dominique eichi said...

Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! It's so much fun knowing you guys. I don't know if I'm laughing from being mentioned so kindly by you Edward or by what James left on his post. Your escapade to the Grand canyon with so much driving at one time is incredible. But you all look good. Will we expect some paintings from it ? Glad your back ! Thanks for including me in your post. = )

Dean H. said...

Hi Edward! What a grand adventure...it had to be great to get home , though! The portrait is very well done...congrats, James.

Niall O loughlin said...

Loved your blog Edward, really great stuff.

Paintings by Irit Bourla said...

Great job by James.I am sure that you are very happy.
Thanks G-d for having Dominique in our life and thank you for visiting me and your comments..
We'll be in Vegas next month..Yeeppee!

Abby Creek Art said...

Great job on the painting! What a nice gift from James.

We were in SF the same time you were in Vegas. It rained the whole dang time. And we thought we were getting away from the cold winter here in Colorado. NOT!