Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm Back

Well, I'm just back from a very wonderful European and a little bit north African vacation with my wife, Kim (here we are on the Grand canal in Venice). We were very lucky with the weather and very fortunate that we started our trip in Venice because it flooded there later on - the worst flooding there in more than 20 years!
Now it is time to get back to painting and I'm sure I will be posting a few paintings inspired by the gorgeous cities we saw. My first task is to get back to posting paintings on Karin Jurick's Different Strokes From Different Folks blog - have to have some new paintings on it when the January issue of Southwest Art Magazine comes out! We also saw many incredible ceiling murals in the old palaces of Venice which were very inspiring -- I really have my work cut out for me with my own ceiling mural - which is coming along slowly.

6 comments:

dominique eichi said...

What a wonderful excuse for missing DSFDF It looks like you had a great time, Nice picture of you guys.
I can't wait to read your 7 and the see what you do with the boots. Thanks Edward

n. rhodes harper said...

I am jealous! Glad you got to go and I know you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing more of your paintings!

Mona said...

Ed, this picture alone would make a great painting.
Looking forward to to seeing more, and glad you had such a wonderful time.

Tom Pohlman said...

Count me in the jealous crowd :>) I can't wait to see what comes from your reference photos! Congratulations on being featured in Southwest Art Magazine! It's nice to see good karma rewarded (in regards to supporting Karin and offering part of the proceeds) Happy painting to you- Tom

Maggie Mayer said...

What a great picture! aah... Veneto! I enjoyed viewing your work. Great Blog and website.

Marian Fortunati said...

Love Venice!!
Met my husband there, fell in love and got married there. (There are some photos of me 37 1/2 years ago on one of my posts last month... ... Venice never changes.)
Glad you enjoyed it too.