Friday, November 7, 2008

Some Great News!


I have been contributing paintings to a blog created by artist Karin Jurick, Different Strokes From Different Folks, where each week she posts a photo that she has taken and invites artists to create their own version of it which she then puts on her blog. This morning I logged on to my computer and was thrilled to find a message from Karin stating that an editor for Southwest Art Magazine will be doing a story about her blog and that she would like to include one of my paintings! The painting she specifically asked for was my portrait of Karin's beloved dog, Jack.
I am very honored and excited to be included in the story which will be in the January issue of Southwest Art Magazine.

9 comments:

Vern Schwarz said...

Good on you. Your painting was a great portrait of Karin's beloved pal and is a fine example of what is going on with DSFDF. Congrats

dominique eichi said...

Congratulations You are a very good artist.

Mona said...

Ed, congratulations to you and Karin both on this publicity!

c.gillespie said...

Congratulations! You have a wonderful eye for animals, and this is a great recognition of Karin's idea.

adebanji said...

Congrats! The DSFDF Spirit lives on! Karin is such an INSPIRATION!

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Wow, that is fantastic!!! I will look for the magazine when it comes out. VERY cool.

Pattie Wall said...

Congrats. Of all the Jack paintings, this one touched my heart the most. The look on his face is priceless.

mongoose1 said...

I jsut saw the article at a bookstore last night-the painting looked wonderful. Congratulations Edward.

Marilyn M. King said...

Congrats on the Southwest mag pic. Just bought my copy yesterday and I'm so happy for you to have the recognition for your fine work!